Temperatures below 4°C reduce the performance of the electric vehicle battery. However, there are some things you can do to maximize the range of your electric car in cold weather:
1. Park indoors to reduce exposure to cold temperatures.
2. Plug in the vehicle for charging when parked and leave it off while charging.
3. Set a preconditioned cabin departure time via FordPass when your car is charging - this function heats your vehicle using mains power instead of battery power.
4. Use the seat and steering wheel heating functions (if available) and lower the heating temperature to reduce electrical consumption.
5. Remove snow from vehicle to reduce weight and drag.
6. Drive smoothly and at moderate speeds to conserve battery power.
7. Check the tire pressure and adjust it according to the Owner's Manual.